Votes

New Red Bank store offers ‘Vintage & More’

photo

Vintage & More on the Blvd owners Renae Haney, left, and Laura Powell stand at the store’s entrance.

Vintage & More on the Blvd owners Renae Haney and Laura Powell are giving vendors the opportunity to sell their vintage items in the heart of Red Bank while providing area residents a new option for finding unique items.

“I think people will find a lot of unique, interesting and beautiful pieces in a really pleasant environment,” Powell said of Vintage & More, which offers 22 spaces (with seven available) for vendors to sell their wares.

“There’s nowhere this side of the river for vendors to sell,” said Haney, who was previously a vendor at Peddlers Market in Highland Plaza, which closed in June.

She describes Vintage & More as “not really a flea market-type place. It’s more upscale.”

Customers will find items ranging from vintage and retro to industrial to shabby chic to mid-century modern to Victorian, including home accessories, antique furniture and paintings. The store will also carry some boutique-style new items such as candles.

“I’ve been in the business 20 years, so I’ve learned the vendors and their style,” said Haney, who also had a booth at Knitting Mill Antiques.

In the back of the store, she and Powell plan to add architectural items and statues.

Powell goes to church with Haney at Delashmitt Road Baptist Church and the two decided to go into business together. They chose their location because it’s a prime spot in Red Bank with lots of traffic, said Powell, a Red Bank resident and former nurse.

She and Haney said they would like to expand their current location within the next year as well as eventually add new locations.

Opened May 1, Vintage & More is open Thursday-Sunday.