Votes

Trinity Lutheran welcomes new pastor with celebration brunch

photo

Trinity Lutheran Church invites the community to celebrate a new chapter in its history.

Trinity Lutheran Church invites the community to celebrate a new chapter in its history.

The Rev. Chris Hansen has served the church for the past 14 months as an interim while church officials conducted the search for its new leader — The Rev. Stan Combs. On Sunday, May 25 at 10 a.m., the community is invited to a brunch to both honor Hansen for his service and to welcome Combs.

“Everything has to fit,” volunteer parish administrator Lynda Watson said of the challenges in searching for a new pastor.

The church found that perfect fit in Combs, she added.

After growing up in the mountains of North Carolina, Combs spent nearly 25 years pastoring to two different congregations — one for four years and another for 20 years — in Pennsylvania. The first church grew in membership 10 percent each year he was there, and the second church went from 90 members to 1,300 members under his leadership.

“I’m most excited about the potential in this congregation,” Combs said of his new post. “It’s such a hospitable and caring congregation. This just felt like the right place. I saw a future here for this congregation and I want to be a part of it.”

To learn more about Trinity Lutheran Church, visit lutherantrinity.com. The church is located at 5001 Hixson Pike and can be reached at 870-1236.