Votes

Heaven & Ale expands

Heaven & Ale is celebrating one year in business this month with a party July 5, and the community is invited to join in the fun.

“I can’t thank the people of Chattanooga enough,” said owner Joe Winland. “We picked Chattanooga for Heaven & Ale for a lot of reasons. One of them was a firm belief that it was a booming craft beer town. The people have more than lived up to that expectation. We’ve been here for 12 months but we feel like we’ve been a part of the community a lot longer.”

The July 5 birthday party will feature music, food trucks and, perhaps most notably, Heaven & Ale’s newly unveiled outdoor beer garden as well as new full-time pint service.

Formerly, the craft beer haven only featured pints on special pint nights, focusing full time on growler fills and craft beer flights, explained Winland, who added that there are some surprises in store for the upcoming celebration.

“The only thing I’m going to say is that the surprises involve free beer,” he laughed.

Heaven & Ale was established at the forefront of a booming tasting room trend in the Scenic City, and plans to continue expanding not only its original location on the North Shore but also into the East Hamilton area. A lot is secured in the Cambridge Square shopping center in Ooltewah for a second location that will likely open in early 2015, Winland said.

“I think whether you’re brand-new to craft beer or have been drinking it for years, it can be a fun but intimidating process,” he said. “There’s so many craft beers on the market to try now. We wanted to create an environment where people could come in and try it in small quantities and take home what tasted best to them.”

Despite all the planned growth and expansion in the next year, Winland said Heaven & Ale will always stick to its original mission and passion.

“We’ll always be craft [beer] only,” he said. “We are creating an experience as close to the taproom as possible. It’s important to me knowing I’m giving my customers the best and freshest beer we can possibly give them.”

Find out more at heaven-and-ale.com or facebook.com/heavenandalechattanooga.