Votes

T’Michelle celebrates first anniversary

Hixson clothing boutique T’Michelle is holding a one-year anniversary celebration Friday, Feb. 22 through Saturday, March 3, during which time the store will offer the first 25 customers each day 50 percent off their purchase.

photo

T’Michelle owner Tatyana Bell-Bush displays a few of the styles available in her Hixson boutique.

“We’re excited that it’s our first year, and I want to show the customers in the area I appreciate them and they’re the reason I’m still here,” said owner Tatyana Bell-Bush. “It’s a way to give back and show them the styles they have the opportunity to buy in my store.”

Attendees will also be entered to win a variety of door prizes, she said.

The store offers a range of styles, from sequined tops for going out to blazers for work to jeans for kicking back on the weekends. Bell-Bush’s handmade tutus are also a big seller.

“A lot of customers come in asking for them,” said Bell-Bush, who eventually wants to sell more of her own handmade clothing at the store. “Every time I make something it sells out.”

She said she has always loved fashion, and she decided to open her own store a year ago because it was something she had always wanted to do.

“When I was growing up I had my own style, and felt like it was something I eventually wanted to get into,” said Bell-Bush, who previously worked in retail management before opening the shop. “That love and passion and experience and background made me love [fashion] even more.”

A Hixson resident her entire life, she said she wanted to open the shop in her community.

“There’s not a lot of boutiques out this way,” Bell-Bush said of her Highway 153 location. “It’s good for me and the customers I was seeking.”

She said her customers range in age from teenagers to seniors.

“I only order one or two in each size, so you won’t see your outfit everywhere around town,” said Bell-Bush, who brings in new merchandise at least once every two months.

The store carries a variety of sizes, including plus sizes up to 3X.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.