Votes

Little Presh Baby Boutique brings fresh fashion to East Brainerd

East Brainerd’s Little Presh Baby Boutique is more than just a place for new moms to shop, it’s a store owned and operated by a mom.

Originally from Thibodaux, La., Breanne Callais said she was inspired to open the store in her hometown when she realized she couldn’t buy the items she wanted locally.

photo

Cowlicks Gifts and Artwork owner Angela Pierce, left, and Little Presh Baby Boutique owner Breanne Callais showcase the store’s variety of children’s clothing, baby accessories and gifts. In addition to working with Callais at the boutique, Pierce provides custom artwork for sale and customizable monogramming or lettering services to customers.

“When I started the store I was pregnant with my second child and just really wanted good quality items that were cute and functional,” she said. “But in the town I lived in there was a lack of that.”

Callais and her family then relocated to the East Brainerd area and she said she missed having her own store. Two years ago she opened a second Little Presh Baby Boutique at 7550 East Brainerd Road and has been providing the community with clothing for babies and children, accessories, gift items and custom artwork ever since.

“We’re the only specialty baby store in the East Brainerd area and one thing that makes us really unique is that we offer custom artwork and party planning ideas,” she said.

A little over a year ago Callais became business partners with Angela Pierce of Cowlicks Gifts and Artwork. From monogramming outfits to adding vinyl letters to backpacks and creating custom wooden pallet artwork, Pierce provides a wide variety of artistic customizable options that complement the boutique’s styles and customers, said Callais.

“I find myself telling that anything you see on Etsy.com or pinterest.com, we can recreate it,” said Pierce. “My favorite pieces are the pallet pieces. The act of making everything from start to finish is really satisfying. It’s not the same when you start with a canvas. It feels like you had a little bit of a head start.”

Pierce said she often customizes pallets and canvases with names, quotes, text and Bible verses, but she can also do a wide variety of pictures.

The store carries a wide variety of products invented for moms by moms, like the bottle bib which incorporates a ring of organic fabric to keep infants from dribbling during feeds, or the padalily cushion that provides cushioning for an adult’s elbow while they carry around a child in a baby carrier.

“We’re moms and we know what we want or what we’re looking for,” said Callais. “We also try to provide a range of price points in the store. We know that women always want to give a cute gift but can’t always afford to spend $50 or $60. Here you can always find a cute gift for $15-$20. It may not be clothes, but you can at least get a couple of accessories for around $20.”

Callais said the store also specializes in excellent customer service. She said she often has customers who call ahead, explain what they’re looking for, give a budget, tell the boutique owners their credit card numbers and then pick up the gift-wrapped package without any hassle.

For more information visit www.facebook.com/littlepresh.cha or call 499-4354.

Comments

Fatt whore