Votes

Ooltewah’s Epic Optique sees way to help this holiday season

Epic Optique, Ooltewah Eyecare Authority is allowing patients to do something good for their body and their community at the same time. Beginning Dec. 3 and ending Dec. 14, Dr. Jeremy Dell is offering $10 eye exams to anyone who brings an unwrapped Christmas gift to his Ooltewah office at 5906 Main St. The proceeds from the gift drive will go to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga’s Santa’s Workshop.

photo

Dr. Jeremy Dell of Epic Optique in Ooltewah is offering $10 eye exams Dec. 3-14 to benefit the Ronald McDonald House.

“We decided we wanted to give a little back to the community,” said Dell. “I would love to see 100 gifts donated. That’s a lot of eye exams, but that would be fantastic.”

According to RMH development officer Lindsay Ropp, the local Ronald McDonald House contains 26 rooms available to families who have sick or injured children in Chattanooga’s local hospitals. This is the first year the organization is setting up the Santa’s Workshop on-site so that the families who use the RMH facility can “shop” for Christmas presents like they normally might do if at home.

“It’s important because our whole mission is to provide a home away from home,” said Ropp. “It’s important to provide that sense of normalcy for the holiday season and it allows parents to spend the maximum amount of time with their kids [instead of spending time out Christmas shopping].”

Chattanooga’s Ronald McDonald House is normally at capacity at all times and sees an average of 50 families per month, said RMH Public Relations Marketing Coordinator Morgan Capps.

“[Gift giving] can be very therapeutic for kids and families; it gives them something fun to look forward to,” said Capps.

Dell said the $10 fee includes a routine eye exam for those without insurance, and for those with insurance, Epic Optique will donate a gift to the RMH on their behalf.

“I want to try to make this an annual thing here at the office,” he added.

Epic Optique provides comprehensive eye health and vision exams, contact lenses and glasses.

“What we try to promote here is quality eye care,” said Dell. “I try to spend a lot of time with each patient to make sure I meet their health care needs.”

For more information about the gift drive or to schedule an appointment at Epic Optique call 238-3290. For more information on how to help out the Ronald McDonald House this holiday season visit www.rmhchattanooga.com.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.