Votes

Mann has ‘Natural Affinity’ for helping others with soap

Once a customer purchases a soap from Natural Affinity, owner Denisa Mann says she can almost guarantee they will be back for more. And chances are, some of their friends will too.

Natural Affinity Soap was a home-based business until May, when Mann opened her shop in Dunlap. She also sets up a booth at Bachman Community Center during the Signal Mountain Farmers Market, which meets next on Thursday, Nov. 17 from 4-6:30 p.m.

Originally from the Dunlap area, Mann started the business while she and her husband Chris were still living in Arizona.

“I was doing pretty well out there, but when we moved here, I have so much local support that the business grew so much I needed a bigger space,” she said.

Mann said her customers come from all over the area to her store, including Signal Mountain, to get her soaps.

Some of her most popular items include the Thieves Bar and Thieves Spray made from Thieves Essential Oil, which is said to be derived from the protective concoction used by thieves during the Black Plague. She said the antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral oil blend is good for anybody who wants to keep from getting sick.

“People come look specifically for certain soaps,” said Mann, adding that she gets most of her business by word of mouth and receives many requests for her soaps intended for ailments such as poison ivy and eczema. “I like helping people, which is why I have so many different kinds. I like to have something for everyone.”

Other big-sellers include her chamomile soap, which she said is great for dry skin and eczema, as well as her natural doggie shampoo bar and dual-purpose acne soap with dried hibiscus, which can also be used as a mask.

She makes other unique items with the soaps, like loofahs with soap melted into the grooves. Mann said she recently created a soap-infused loofah specifically for feet.

Custom gift baskets are available with the customer’s choice of soaps, oils, sprays and other items in the store, such as locally made jewelry.

Natural touch

Natural Affinity Soap and Candle Gift Shoppe is at 131 Cherry St. in Dunlap and can be reached at 949-4168 or naturalaffinity@live.com. Find Natural Affinity Soap on Facebook or on the Web at naturalaffinitysoap.com.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.