Votes

Caffeine Addicts celebrating with seasonal treats

An aroma of sweet smelling coffee floats down Nashville Street, summoning passersby into Caffeine Addicts in Ringgold.

“I try to concentrate on the coffee more than anything; it’s fresh and good,” said Caffeine Addicts owner Jan Henry, of Ringgold, who roasts all the coffee herself.

photo

Ringgold’s Caffeine Addicts Coffee Roaster & Café owner Jan Henry makes a hot espresso for a customer.

Like the other hallmarks of the season this time of year brings, specialty coffee drinks like peppermint mocha warm holiday hands and hearts. Henry said her favorite drinks to sample right now are the snow cream latte and cappuccino with white chocolate and vanilla.

“We’ve been making gingerbread lattes; pumpkin spice chai, latte or frappe; and peppermint mochas for the holidays,” she said. “We create a salted caramel hot chocolate too. The students after school like to order the frozen hot chocolate.”

Even though December is a slow month at Caffeine Addicts, Henry said she keeps busy by designing boxes called Boxes of Love for people to purchase to put coffee in for Christmas presents. The gifts can include coffee mugs, Caffeine Addicts license plate covers that say “I break for coffee at Caffeine Addicts” and the coffee(s) of their choice.

Coffee that can be purchased by the half pound or pound includes Roastmaster’s Blend, Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, Sumatra Mandheling, Brazilian Santos, French Especial, Columbian Supremo, Espresso Dulce, Costa Rican Tarrazu, Guatemalan Strictly Hard Beans and Columbian Decaf.

For those looking to make more of a snack out of their coffee break or gift bag, Henry said the cafe’s chocolate cupcakes topped with chocolate icing and sprinkles are also delicious.

“I arrive at work at 6 a.m. every morning to have sweets baked and coffee made before I open the door,” she said. “I’m here 12 hours a day most days. At [Ringgold’s] Down Home Christmas [celebration], every year people come in here to warm up and order hot chocolate. Some evenings after school I have 50 to 75 students here on Fridays. It’s like one big happy family in Ringgold.”

There is also a full lunch menu that includes various fresh soups and sandwiches, and the beverage side also includes items like smoothies.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.