Votes

Pizza Place adds unique holiday décor

For each of their 28 years of marriage, Signal Mountain Pizza Place owner Paul Roberts has given his wife Rosa a teddy bear for Christmas, sometimes more than one. This holiday season she decided to use all 78 bears to create a giant teddy bear Christmas tree in the restaurant.

photo

Signal Mountain Pizza Place owner Rosa Roberts displays the Christmas tree she built in the restaurant using the teddy bears her husband has given her every year for Christmas since they married 28 years ago.

“I’m a big teddy bear lover and I love Christmas, and I thought ‘What better way to see Christmas through a child’s eyes than a teddy bear Christmas tree?’” said Rosa Roberts.

She said she built her first teddy bear tree in her home seven years ago, when her grandchildren were young and she needed a kid-safe tree without breakable glass ornaments. Roberts said she now has so many bears that the tree won’t fit in her home, and her unbreakable yet easily collapsible piece of unique holiday décor was also incompatible with her new puppy situation at home, so she moved it to the Pizza Place.

“I love the kids’ expressions when they come through the door,” said Roberts, who spent about three hours building the tree. “Their little eyes get so big.”

She said she plans to do something with the bears in the restaurant next Christmas as well, though it may be something other than a tree.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.