Votes

Ward releases ‘Songs for Ringgold’

Former Ringgold resident and Christian singer-songwriter Sammy Ward has released a downloadable EP called “Songs for Ringgold,” with all proceeds from the project going directly to the American Red Cross relief efforts in Catoosa County.

The five-song EP introduces one previously unreleased song and can be purchased for $4.95 on iTunes or $4.45 on amazon.com. Ward said he and the other songwriters and publishers waived their royalty rights to ensure that all proceeds go to the Red Cross.

“When I heard about the devastation, I was heartbroken,” said Ward. “This project is something I felt strongly in my heart about and I knew it was something I was supposed to do.”

Ward said he intends for the project to be similar to the “Songs for Japan” project and hopes his songs will give other people a direct opportunity to give while still getting something in return.

“There’s a lot of healing going on right now, and I’m just happy to be a part of that,” he said.

According to Ward, the last song on the EP titled “Right on Time” is his favorite, because it gives people hope.

“Through all the pain and the suffering and all the crazy things that have happened, God’s timing is perfect,” said Ward.

Ward grew up in Ringgold and graduated from Ringgold High School. He said he first became interested in music because he wanted to bring the message of hope and love to the rap and hip hop music he listened to as a teenager. Ward graduated from Kennesaw State University and now lives in Nashville with his wife and two children.

For more information about “Songs for Ringgold” visit here.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.