Votes

Clark’s New Year’s resolution requires public participation

It will be a Christmas miracle if East Brainerd resident Phillip Clark gets to wake up in his own bed and spend the holiday with his family.

Owner of the Speckled Egg consignment and vintage store, he has vowed to man the store round the clock until all his previous inventory is sold. He has a little more than 5,000 items to go.

photo

Speckled Egg owner Phillip Clark has approximately 5,000 more items to sell before he will leave his store and return home; he is manning the store day and night, although may not open its doors at all hours.

“When I leave is up to the public,” said Clark, who’s already spent more than a month sleeping on a makeshift pallet on the cold, hard floor, taking showers out of the bathroom sink and eating what his wife brings him. “The more they buy the quicker I get home.

“I’ve already missed my birthday, Thanksgiving, all of it, and probably Christmas and New Year’s too,” he added.

His family has started a “Bring Phillip Home for Christmas” campaign.

“I kept thinking, ‘I’ve got to get people’s attention,’” Clark said. “This time of year our sales drop because the big box stores beat our brains out. We’re a small store. We’re just trying to make something out of nothing is all we’re doing.”

The word “everything” as opposed to “nothing” is a better indicator of the store’s selection. Decorative lamps, carefully selected knickknacks, artistic works in various mediums, antique furniture and furnishings and vintage clothing and jewelry fill the East Brainerd Road store to the ceiling.

“I’m a picker,” Clark said. “I will knock on any door anywhere at any time if I see something I like and want to sell.”

His prices range from $1 to $6,000, and he always tries to give consignors, many of whom come from surrounding neighborhoods like Council Fire, Hurricane Creek and Windstone, a fair price, he said. A sign at the front of the store advises shoppers that, “If you don’t like the price, always make an offer. Worst case scenario, we say no; best, you walk out with what you want.”

“A lot of stuff has moved out. I sold a dress at 1 in the morning,” said Clark. “I’ve made some good deals. I want to clear out the store.”

His highest priced item is a certificate signed by Woodrow Wilson and other leaders presented to a man at the close of World War I. Clark recently sold a reunion medal for J.H. Gilman, who fired one of the first shots of the Civil War, to a man from a museum in Nashville, he said.

“You know that story they [consignors] tell you — where it came from and how long they’ve had it — that’s what I live for,” said Clark, who was inspired to open the store after seeing a “perfectly good” chair on the side of the road, reminding him of being 10 years old and being ecstatic over being allowed to keep a downed traffic light if he hauled it all the way home.

“That’s part of the reason I got into this; you hear this over and over, ‘The kids don’t want it,’” he said. “I want people to be interested in old things so they don’t end up in the dump or gone. You put something on the Internet and somebody in Germany buys it. More and more of our heritage is being shipped overseas.”

Comments

Canada Goose Discount | Women S Canada Goose Jacket | Canada Goose Discount | Canada Goose Jacket Women | Canada Goose Canada Canada Goose Outlet Store Cheap Canada Goose Outlet Canada Goose 2010 Canada Goose Jacket Canada Chilliwack Canada Goose Other About blog About blog

LV Outlet OnlineCheap LVlouis vitton storereplica LV bagsCheap LV Louis Vuitton Handbags Discount Louis Vuitton Handbags Cheap LV Handbags on Sale Designer Handbags Wholesale louis vuitton handbags antheia .

In a good number of markets just where transactions develop to substitute assets it can be commonly understood there's an expected return out of your asset, or a prodigious amount of income of the fact that asset will take to you'll find it new person.The fees for all of these assets around established markets tend to be derived by removing the thought returns not to mention mathematically 'discounting' them time for a gift value (the wanted returns are from now on.)

Since market trends for buying or selling websites is immature, transaction contributors typically stick to an elementary process of establishing a web page value, which bears minimum resemblance to asset's actual value before thinking about risks and additionally expected gain Other About Online blog Online About blog

��֬����� | ���������� | �ֹ������ | ����������� | ��֬����� �Ϳ������ ����������� ������ ����ܵ��� �����走�� Other About ��֬����� blog ��֬����� About blog

Other About blog About blog

Canada Goose Coat SaleCanada Goose Coat SaleCanada Goose Online CanadaCheap CanadaGoose Jackets Authentic Canada Goose Jackets Canadian Goose Canada Goose Jacket Canada Canada Goose Parka Canada Goose Vest For Women .

3.Egg cell white -- great family home acne treatment

Egg white is required a ton to clear the face from pimples.It exfoliates your sensitive skin and absorbs lube.Apply it to be a facial disguise - conquer an egg cell white along with spread it all over the face.In 10-15 a few minutes wash the software off having warm water

five.Oatmeal -- treats an acne breakout and refreshes ones skin

Oatmeal will clean and even revitalize your sensitive skin greatly.Boil it all in water for a couple of minutes, and after that let it quiet down.When the software cools to help you room temperature cover your confront and get away from for 10-15 instant.Carefully thoroughly clean off with domestic hot water Other About blog About blog

canada goose Canada Geese canadagoose canada goose jackets canada goose online

canada goose gloves canada goose down canada goose sale canada goose expedition expedition canada goose .Very good bye earnings.

Most no cost builder category host marketer companies do not have second tier within their program mainly because their supplement is not adequate enough to be priced higher.You need to know your internet site builder internet affiliate program could be very good to have a buck.You'll find sure signs for this you could judge as a result of.

They may make claims of being quality developers, marketers together with web owners.They may demonstrate their particular excellence.Or else, say cya, bye and go forward to yet another program.Their site may well be more than 1-2 pages.They can of been in business for higher than a couple yrs.Preferably five or maybe ten several years.

They may have testimonials by way of the truck strain from advertisers who begun with really low web promoting skills Other About goose blog goose About blog

Louis Vuittonreplica designer bagsreplica louis vuitton handbagscheap designer handbagsreplica LV bags Louis Vuitton Handbags Discount Louis Vuitton Handbags Cheap LV Handbags on Sale Designer Handbags Wholesale louis vuitton handbags antheia .

Ask around to discover which stores have best quote on those designer glasses to guarantee you obtain best price around!

Ray Bar shades are already popular for several years, especially because they continue to be in The show biz industry movies.

This particular careful supplement placement inside films for example Risky Home business, Top Weapon, and either issues from the Men on Black movies have manufactured the label incredibly famous, and likewise incredibly popular.

Turn to the internet and SunglassHut.com to locate special specials on well known versions with this brand, such as the classic Wayfarer.

Turn to discount web pages like SunglassHut.com to locate great deals including a great option Other About Vuitton blog Vuitton About blog

software outsourcing | business process outsourcing | software outsourcing service Other About outsourcing blog outsourcing About blog

software outsourcing service business process outsourcing software outsourcing service

Other About service blog service About blog

goose down | cheap canada goose jackets | canada goose | canada goose | canada goose canada goose gloves canada goose down canada goose sale canada goose expedition expedition canada goose .Clarke which conceived the prospect of man made communication satellites in 1945.Not like what the united states will have you believe, the most important artificial satellite television for pc was Sputnik 1 brought out by Soviet Union on October 4, 1957.For sure, the Soviet Joining was the most important country to help explore place.To go out with, the premier artificial satellite currently orbiting the planet earth is any International Area Station.The World Space Sta (ISS) is mostly a joint project of five space businesses:the Countrywide Aeronautics together with Space Operations (United States), all the Russian Govt Space Business (Russian Federation), all the Japan Aerospace Seek Agency (Japan), the Canadian Room or space Agency (Canada) and therefore the European Living space Agency (Europe) Other About down blog down About blog

��֬����������������ֹ�������������������֬����� �Ϳ������ ����������� ������ ����ܵ��� �����走�� Other About ��֬����� blog ��֬����� About blog

discount NFL jerseys nhl jerseys for sale NFL jerseys NFL jerseys for cheap nfl jerseys

nfl jerseys Cheap NFL Jersey Throwback NFL Jerseys authentic NFL jerseys football jerseys .Insurers have discovered ways of cutting down the price of insurance rates to get more consumers.Apart in the basic reduction in rates, companies possess devised economical packages as well as combinations with coverage to match every driver's necessities.

Insurers have also adopted a far more lenient definition of insurable dangers.They now offer insurance cover to latest riders and also to companies that will use motorcycles within their operation, a segment from the market which, before, may be neglected for posing excessive a probability to children.Cheap motorcycle insurance nowadays includes high benchmarks of insurance and customer care at the particular barest with requirements.And just like all additional providers of services and products, insurance companies have accepted the future of providing their products over the internet Other About jerseys blog jerseys About blog

blog     About  blog
blog     About  blog
blog     About  blog
blog     About  blog
blog     About  blog
blog     About  blog
blog     About  blog
blog     About  blog
blog     About  blog